Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Dressing up!

The kids were full of joy and sunshine today! Maybe that was because the day itself was full of sunshine and melting, dripping snow, and hope for spring. I love days like this....delightful and happy and fun.

Eliana decided this morning that she wanted to wear a "pretty dress", so I let her pick one out. This was followed shortly by Zahara wanting to wear a "pretty dress, too, Mommy". SO, we got one out for her. What I wasn't expecting was for my rough tough little boy with pecs and a six pack to ALSO ask to wear a dress! He was insistent, so I let him pick out one of Zaza's. He picked a lovely blue and white gingham with white bunnies around the bottom. They made a lovely bunch!



What followed was general silliness and I just sat, snapping pictures and laughing at them. I was reminded again what a BLESSING these kids are. Beautiful, full-of-it, little presents strait from God!

They ran around doing pirouttes...even Calvin.





But, Calvin seemed to gain his shyness back after his inital romp around the house in the dress.



The girls made silly faces and raced around...




Calvin was DONE with the dress by shortly before lunch. We went outside to play and he reverted to ALL boy...covered from head to toe in mud from jumping in every tiny bit of murky water he could find! :)

1 comment:

Carole Turner said...

Your kids are beautiful!! My daughter just recently dressed my boys up in full drag! They loved it :-)We are hoping it will encourage my husband to let us go back for a girl next summer :-)