Sunday, July 22, 2007

One of those "Oh my Goodness" Moments...


I talked to another mom yesterday who recently got back from Ethiopia. She went to go pick up her toddlers, but while she was there she met our twins. She said they were SOOOO cute, and she sent us some pictures. I thought I would post one. They look kind of serious in it, but it is a nice strait on picture. It's funny 'cuz Tesfahun looks so dazed by the camera flash. I remember how Eliana's pictures used to always look like that, too. The whole deer in the headlights look.

Tonight we are going out for supper with my parents, and then we are going shopping for car seats! I am really excited. Every thing we get done is just one step closer to leaving!

Last night after we got in bed and turned out the lights I had an, "Oh my Goodness!" moment. I think I was just realizing again that this is REALLY happening. We are actually bringing home twins and everything is about to change. Forever. Wow. It's kinda like how you feel the night before your wedding, or the birth/adoption of your first child. It's like....OK, this is a BIG moment. Yeah, so I had one of those moments.

I asked Tony if he was freaking out, too, and he said, "No. I'm excited! We've been wanting this for a long time and it is finally here." And that's all I really needed to hear. Such a calm and peaceful statement. So, I rolled over and went to bed!

4 days to travel!
Jill

No comments: